January 15th, 2016
The Transportation Worker Identification Credential, also known as TWIC ®, is required by the Maritime Transportation Security Act for workers who need access to secure areas of the nation’s maritime facilities and vessels. TSA conducts a security threat assessment (background check) to determine a person’s eligibility and issues the credential.
Drivers are able to begin the process by going to the following website.https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic
You can fill out the initial application online or search for an enrollment center location at https://universalenroll.dhs.gov/locator?serviceCode=111111!
The process goes a little bit like this:
You can complete the entire process at an application center OR complete an online application.
- Schedule an appointment (walk-ins are welcome)
- Visit an Application center – a few things are needed
- Drivers License
- Birth certificate
- Fee – $128 (new applicant)
- Fingerprints and facial photo will be taken at the application center.
- Your card can be mailed to you or you can pick up at the application center.
There are the quick facts, let us know if you have any questions or if we can help you in any way!
Katie ~ Driver Relations